Free Seminar: Worker Misclassification: Perils in Contingent Employees, Independent Contractors, and Labor
Jeffrey Roth, a shareholder in the law firm of F&B Law Firm, P.C. along with Decosimo and RTA Financial Group will present a Free Seminar at ADTRAN on September 25, 2014.
Event: Worker Misclassification: Perils in Contingent Employees, Independent Contractors, and Labor Outsourcing
- Use of Contingent Workers or Outsourcing
- View from the Feds
- Who is an Employee?
- The “Common Law” Test
- Internal Revenue Service Guidelines
- Supervisory Control
- Specific Laws and Treatment of the Contingent Worker Relationship/Joint Employers
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Wage and Hour Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Family and Medical Leave
- Occupational Safety and Health
- Labor Relations/National Labor Relations Act
- Immigration Reform and Control Act
- Best Practices/ Risk Avoidance
- Written Agreements
- Insurance Issues
- IRS “Safe Harbor”
- Proposed Legislation
For more information, click here.