Seminar: Fair Labor Standards Act Compliance 2016 and Beyond
FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT COMPLIANCE 2016 AND BEYOND
This timely presentation will address the most prevalent misunderstandings regarding compliance with the FLSA, and include extensive discussion of the new minimum salary requirements for exempt employees and related changes which will be effective December 1, 2016. Issues and items addressed, and questions answered, will include:
- Is this “rule” subject to legal challenge; will it be permanent?
- What new rules are in play with respect to items which may be included in the new increased minimum salary?
- What do I have to do to comply, and when?
- Is this the “death spiral” of most exempt employee classifications?
- Which commercial ventures are most likely to be adversely affected, and how?
- What are likely effects on employment benefits for exempt and nonexempt employees?
- How can my company properly count bonuses toward the new exempt salary requirements?
- How will the mandatory salary requirements be automatically updated over time?
- What are penalties for noncompliance with the new rule or other areas of concern?
- What cost-effective strategies are available to transition to compliance?
- Where will plaintiffs’ lawyers be looking for lucrative opportunities for missteps in compensation, calculating hours and pay, and other compliance issues to finance their next fleet of Land Rovers?
When: July 27, 2016
Time: 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
Where: 220 Wynn Drive, the Atrium located to the left of the main branch of Redstone Federal Credit Union on Bradford and Wynn Drive, Huntsville, Alabama
Cost: $20 (Lunch provided: Chicken Cordon Bleu, Rice Pilaf, Green Beans, dessert, and sweet and unsweet tea)
Materials may be accessed at this link.
**Receive 1 hour of HRCI accreditation**
Please contact us at [email protected], or call 256-536-0095 to reserve your spot.