Our lawyers have over 50 years of combined experience in advising clients manufacturing, supplying, distributing, and performing design and testing services in the Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) business. In addition, our lawyers have been guest speakers at many industry functions sponsored by the Association Connecting Electronics Industries (IPC), including its annual meetings, and teach the contract and risk allocation portions of the association’s program manager certification program. When crafting industry specific agreements, attempting to resolve disputes, or defending or prosecuting lawsuits, there is no substitute for a thorough understanding of the dynamics of the global EMS business. Our lawyers have negotiated customer and supplier agreements with companies in many different countries and have swift access to tested local counsel in Asia, South America, Europe, and Mexico, if required.
Our attorneys have extensive experience in drafting agreements and resolving disputes (whether through mediation, arbitration, or litigation) in the EMS business, including, but not limited to:
- manufacturing services agreements
- distribution agreements
- agent/representative agreements
- purchase order terms and conditions
- sales acknowledgment terms and conditions
- warranties, indemnities, and limitation of liability
- industry-specific environmental regulations including RoHS, WEEE, and REACH
- design and testing agreements
- in-house contract training for contract administrators and program managers and administrators
- capital equipment acquisition
- real estate and equipment leases
- excess inventory and breach of contract claims
- intellectual property
We have also negotiated industry-specific manufacturing and supply agreements for customers in the personal computing, telecommunications, defense, security, avionics, medical, consumer electronics, and automotive industries. Let us put our experience to work for you!
Contact us for more information.